Friday, April 28, 2006

When will they ever learn . . . .

Posted by Craig Westover | 8:24 PM |  

I just have to scratch my head and wonder when I read something like this from a Ford Bell press release --
“Ford Bell has impressed me with his clear and welcome proposal to expand Medicare to cover all Americans,” said [former St. Paul mayor Jim] Scheibel. Scheibel continued, “As someone who has managed budgets for a city, national agency and for non-profits, I understand what a positive financial impact single-payer universal health care would have on the bottom line.”
Well, duh? I understand what a positive financial impact it would have if my next door neighbor made my car payment, but that doesn’t mean I have the right to make him pay. A little reminder of what a single-payer system really means.
My name is Floyd Bedbury and I have been an athlete all my life. Two Olympic teams in speedskating.

I needed a hip replacement two years ago and when they found the problem I had the surgery in one week. I have a friend in Calgary who needed the same surgery and it took him 3 years and by the time he had the surgery the rest of his body was so worn down it is sad to see what happened to him.

I jammed a toe a few years ago in Canada and had an x-ray and it took 3 days to get it read. I love Canada but man we sure do NOT want any of this socialized medicine in this country.

My friend in Canada is still suffering because he was so weak it made it hard for a good recovery. I am 67 and he is 72 years old.